Sunday, May 28, 2017

With Sympathy

My uncle passed away unexpectedly last Thursday morning, so I've been spending some time in my craft studio making sympathy cards for my family.

I made two cards using sketch 289 at Freshly Made Sketches.
Here's the sketch:

And here's my take:


When I saw the samples created by the FMS DT, I was really inspired by Kim's card and thought to myself---I have some flower dies that are very similar to that. Hmmmm...and the mojo was set into motion. The adorable die-cut flowers on my cards are from Bloomers 4 by Taylored Expressions. Aren't they sweet?!?! A BIG THANK YOU to Taylor for giving this die set to those of us who attended the April 2017 Stamping Away Retreat in Kansas!!! And HUGS to Kim for the creative inspiration!


Thanks for visiting today!

-----------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Brushed Blossom Stamp Set (Concord & 9th)
Ink: Smokey Gray Versafine (Tsukineko)
Cardstock: White, Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Green Parakeet (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper: Cedar Lane 6x6 Paper Pad (Pink Paislee)
Dies: Bloomers 4 (Taylored Expressions), Double Pierced Square Dies (Avery Elle), leaf from Bigger Blooms Dies (Papertrey Ink)
Adhesive: Quickie Glue Pen (Sakura), Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Glue Dots 

5 comments:

Amy O said...

Such a sweet sympathy card! I love the pretty flowers and that beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely cards with lovely flowers! So glad you shared them at FMS!

Lynn said...

So sorry for your family's loss. You are in my prayers. Love your gorgeous cards Lisa.

I Card Everyone said...

Lisa your blooms are just as sweet as can be ... and your cards are wonderful - they'll go a long way to make your family feel loved... so very sorry for your loss!
Michele

Lisa Elton said...

My deepest sympathies Lisa. I'm so sorry for your loss. The cards you've made for your family are lovely and will be greatly appreciated.